Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Homemade Game: Travel Tic-Tac-Toe


We had a total of eight road trips with the kids this past summer - most of which were six hours long.  To help the kids pass the time, I put together a number of busy bags and travel games.  This little magnetic travel Tic-Tac-Toe game only took a couple minutes to put together (using dollar store supplies) and was a big hit.  Here's how it's made..




I used a metal tin box ($1 in the Target dollar spot last Christmas), and some tokens I had lying around from another game.  For the Tic-Tac-Toe pieces you could use buttons (in two different colors), mini erasers, bottle caps, small blocks, or any other set of small objects that will fit inside your tin.  All I did was put adhesive magnets (which I already had on hand for other crafts) on the backs of the game pieces, and drew a 3x3 grid on the inside of the lid (I literally made this as we were heading out the door, so I would recommend using a ruler if you want to make this at home).  It only took a minute to make, and voila!


An easy self-contained travel game for long (or short) car trips!


For more fun, please join Learners In Bloom at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! No spam, please.